View Single Post
Old 05.24.2016, 08:36 AM   #2035
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Also, there quote from both Kanye and Kim K. that provide anecdotal evidence that the album is as "finished" as it's going to get...

1) when Kanye was originally explaining the delayed release and extended monkeying around with the album, he said, "it's not finished... I have to fix Wolves."

Logical conclusion: "Wolves" has been fixed, and the album has been released, therefore, it is "finished."

2) Kim was asked why TLOP wasn't for sale yet back in Feb. (I forget by whom), and Kim said, "because he's not done yet."

Syllogistic reasoning:
If TLOP is not for sale, TLOP is "not done"
TLOP is for sale
Therefore, TLOP is "done"

Not to mention the fact that if you buy the album, you buy the current version as well as any versions that follow. So listening to the album in its early incarnations is actually WHAT KANYE WANTS YOU TO DO. That's his vision for the album. That's what he wants listeners to experience.

Now, there is no evidence whatsoever to lead anyone to believe that further changes are being planned... But assuming changes WERE still coming, buying the album would allow you to hear the album as the world has heard, identified, reacted to and accepted it, and it would ALSO guarantee you access to any heretofore unannounced and unexpected changes that may be implemented in the future.

I respect the fundamentals of your stance here, but you don't seem to be up to speed on what's going on, and I think you're just harming yourself (assuming you actually want to hear the album) by not listening to it just because a CRAZY man has not stated in so many words that it is "finished." There's just no point.

You're obviously interested in hearing the artist's complete vision. But as hard as it is to get your head around, Kanye's vision for this album has been for it to grow and change publicly, and it's already done that, and subsequently stopped doing that.

In a sense, by NOT listening to the album, you are doing the very thing you wish to avoid... you are missing out on, and being distracted from, the purpose and vision of and for the album.

I believe (and folks at DefJam and GOOD have made similar statements to this effect) that any additional changes to the album will come in the form of bonus tracks added on to a possible, eventual physical release. But since there's been ZERO mention of that for months now, and no changes for months now, it's just really silly argue that the album isn't done just because someone who says whatever comes out of their mouth hasn't officially said "it's done."

He DID say he'd make changes, and that the album was a "living, breathing" thing, but at this point, the album has gone through countless changes (all between early Feb. and early April) and the album has "lived and breathed," and a final master has been sent out to streaming services and put up for sale on the official website. Kanye's reportedly working on his next project, so the grand experiment appears to be over, and holding out doesn't make any earthly sense whatsoever.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|