View Single Post
Old 01.30.2017, 06:37 PM   #2176
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
The US was, and still is, the only major nation in the world to fully embrace neoliberalism. Every other country or economic bloc, from China to the EU, has barriers in place to rig the market to create or protect good jobs at home

and look how everyone flips out if you suggest we should put citizens first. The leaders for the past 30 years gave away our country in exchange for their own wealth and a pseudo peace within the 1st world. It seems unthinkable that say Germany and France would go to war in 2017.

Quote:
Multiculturalism
Quote:
. Anti-assimilation. All cultures celebrated. Expanded cultural identity revered (hyphenated). Cultural resurrection and diversity. Extreme version: traditional US culture was/is inferior to all other global cultures, deprecation of tradition as biased/flawed
This leads to the conclusion there is almost no mass culture remaining - that system of signs and rewards shared among most of the population. The US used to share the Bible, then we had various pop culture movements united though 3 channels of corporate TV, now sports may be the remaining shared experience among a large generalized group of citizens.

Quote:
Finally, and most importantly to me, Trump isn't dismantling neoliberalism to return to the old nation-state. He's building, with the help of social networking, a new model of governance for the US. One that operates more like Russia and China does (a reactive authoritarianism).Sincerely,John Robb
They're sure going to try!

if I was Trump I'd move the plan to reduce the global population to 500 MM into overdrive. 2018: YEAR OF THE STINK What would be the toxic load of 7 billion rotting people - even if it was staggered out over a few years... Obviously, I've lived in NYC too long.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|