View Single Post
Old 12.15.2016, 07:51 PM   #20218
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
for me it was so-so. i didn't love it. genius wish fulfillment fantasy seemed a bit... maybe i missed something. everyone wanted to be a genius in the 90s.

the problem with robin williams is that his sad eyes and manic humor weren't a schtick

if you'd see past the laughs , you'd catch his sadness, and then it became painful to watch-- hence the fatigue.

apparently he was great as a villain. i never saw 1 hour photo because i was also burned out on him. maybe i should put in in the queue for future disturbances.

okay honest-honest i didn't like good will hunting. found it to manipulative and sentimental. sorry. won't see it again.

Hey, spot on on Robin Williams. I agree completely. He reminds me a lot of a teacher I had in high school who also had a deep sadness tucked away behind his fags and slapstick.

But re: Williams as villain...
One Hour Photo is just ok. I remember feeling sorry for his character even though he was a creepy murderer. Sadness still reigns.

BUT... Have you ever seen Insomnia? Chris Nolan's Insomnia? The one after Memento, before all the stuff he's now famous for. Al Pacino = homicide detective chases psychopath killer to Alaska. Robin Williams is NOT a sad sack in that film. He's Fucking terrifying.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|