View Single Post
Old 01.29.2016, 12:31 AM   #169
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Oh my fucking God.

I never thought I'd say this, but FUCK RZA.

He was like a holy man to me for years and years and years, and he was behind the boards and the mic on four of the best hip-hop albums ever made. The influence of the Wu-Tang Clan on me has been tremendous, and I've been a fan since the beginning. But... Jesus Christ man... FUCK. RZA.

Side note: Ghost is the only part of the Clan that is still relevant in modern hip-hop. I still have nothing but love for Meth, Deck, GZA and Raekwon (who used to be the Clan's all-star talent, but now seems to be satisfied with releasing mediocre material).

Let's face it, there is no Wu-Tang Clan anymore. There's just Ghostface. He's the only one still trying. And he continues to try, despite the occasional flop.

Shkreli is going to end up in prison. We're never going to hear the album. Rza's sold his soul and A Better Tommorrow was like the Wu-Tang equivalent of Squeeze. (Much better than Squeeze, but you take my meaning.)

I can't believe that just four years ago I was actually stressing about the fact that I was starting to prefer Kanye to the Clan.

In the (adapted) immortal words of John Lennon:
"I don't believe in [Wu-Tang]
I just believe, in me... [Ghostface] and me
The dream is over."
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|