Thread: the Who thread
View Single Post
Old 10.14.2011, 07:20 AM   #21
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I wish they would release their set from Woodstock. It is incredible and my GEN20 copy doesn't even sound very good. The short piece they releaed on The Kids Are Alright is just a tasty teaser of this band at their heaviest. The Who took the Jeff Beck Group slot (but only after the Jefferson Airplane signed on, as they were the biggest band around at the time and The WHo didn't want to be left behind, I think the Jeff Beck Group was having internal problems.).

Check out the 2 Jeff Beck Group albums for some excellent 60's UK blues. Rod Stewart sounds great and the musicianship is killer.

Its hard for us to understand how bands like Jeff Beck and the Who changed everything when they started showing up at gigs with guitar stacks and PAs, up to that time bands played on little amps. of course that later allowed promoters to put bands in enormous stadiums with huge stacks of amps that sounded like shit. But lots of money was to be made...

Those first Jeff Beck Group albums have always interested me a lot, but there has always been many other albums...but I think in the near future I will listen them! I think you also like the Faces, I have only Ooh La Laa, but also have a great interest of other bands albums.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|