View Single Post
Old 11.26.2016, 05:21 PM   #7
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
She was certainly an original. I wish I had learned about earlier in life. I saw her at Tonic and either Issue Project Room or Vision Fest. Sad loss, espcially because she seemed to be very active in working with younger people and opening them up to new techniques and sounds.

PAULINE OLIVEROS/NEW CIRCLE QUINTET #Tonic, NYC 17 Jan 01 50 VG+ early set

in terms of Greenlight's comments, but I just learned that Connie Crothers passed away in August, she was huge around certain jazz circles, and had worked with Oliveros.

In 2014, Connie was selected for a week residency at The Stone, from August 19 to 24, 2014. She performed twelve sets, each set with a different lineup of musicians. The duet set with Pauline Oliveros was chosen for the critics pick in the music section in Time Out magazine.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|