Thread: Anna Calvi
View Single Post
Old 10.17.2011, 07:53 PM   #70
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
I agree completely with Decayed Rhapsody's post. It always has been evident that the hype surrounding her has been greatly exagerated; Patti Smith is unreachable, and PJ Harvey getting the Music Mercury Prize was totally fair, for instance. There's nothing that will convince me to deny that there's some greatness in her music and I also expect and I'm interested in future developments. In terms of her own progress, there's already some that is at the reach of anyone to judge since at least a digital release by her former band, Cheap Hotel (is this the band you saw her with a few years back, Decayed Rhapsody?), can be used as proof:

http://cheaphotel.bandcamp.com/

Also interested in further clarifying on the subject of therealglenstyler's post. I haven't come across any information or even rumors that would imply that could be possible but if there's proof to back that statement, I'm willing to check it out.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|