View Single Post
Old 05.01.2014, 09:53 PM   #82
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe you could argue for Grohl (I don't see putting drum parts to an already formed song as 'writing' personally) but Krist just followed the root notes of the guitar, there's no element of independent writing to that. In a sense, the bass was already written. Drums follow the rhythmic intonations of the song and so aren't uniquely written either. And as far as I know, Dave and Krist had nothing to do with the melodies, song structure or general songwriting except the ones where they're credited. They should only be entitled to performing royalties.

Complain about Courtney all you want but as his wife, she's legally and rightfully entitled to Kurt's share which happens to be bigger than Krist or Dave's (also rightfully so). I'm not really into the whole Yokoisation of Courtney myself so maybe I see it differently.

On a plus note, been jamming Live Through This a lot the past few weeks. Great record!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|