View Single Post
Old 08.14.2014, 09:39 PM   #18296
HenryHill51
little trouble girl

HenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's assesHenryHill51 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the same point as the spinning of any yarn--to keep the audience entertained. plus in a movie like this you get the bonus

it's an intelligent movie! it has good characters! and the time passed quickly while watching. i liked it. honest. i was just recommend it people don't wait too long for the 2nd part.

speaking of spinning yarns, this movie now i realize parallels in many ways 1001 nights-- which actually gets a mention in the dialogue. holy shit it does. ha ha ha ha. awesome!!

thinking again, to confirm my first impression, i'll say it's a good and (somewhat) important movie. i think, anyway. for me, not for the politics, but for the style.

i'm looking forward to watching the director's cut.

i'm also looking forward to the day when (if) "until the end of the world", the wim wenders movie, finally get released in complete form. it's been like 2 decades! and it's still hard to figure out what happened with the dream machine.

he can be a bit of a sadist towards both characters and audience, i'll give you that. i can handle it okay though at times i have to look away.

I think the complete "Until the End of the World" is out there. I got hold of a 5 hour version of the film several years ago. Honestly, I don't know if it adds anything to the film, though. I remember being much more impacted by the 2.5 hour version when I saw it ten years ago than the 5 hour version. There's ALOT of fluff towards the end between Von Sydow and Hurt that never really deepens the relationship. Still, as a Wenders completist, I was happy to finally find it.
HenryHill51 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|