View Single Post
Old 01.31.2008, 11:25 AM   #13
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
Jay Z's The Blueprint is very good and reminds me of Gang Star's Hard To Earn with its deep, jazzy and soulful beats and heartfelt lyrics (well, there's still a bit of bragging and dissing but its confined to a couple of tracks and his lines are quite smart anyway). It's consistent: every song is strong, and its certainly not what I expected

Otherwise I just like the obvious ones though Alias's The Other Side Of The Looking Glass is worth a mention, its the best Anticon release that I've heard: the production is very full and 'musical' (violins, flutes, and electronic flourishes) which are underpinned by really crisp-sounding, hard beats which you would think would be incongrous but compliment it well.

Does anyone else think Fear Of A Black Planet, Apocalypse 91 and Muse Sick N Hour Mess Age (underrated!) are better than It Takes A Nation, which sounds tepid and weak (not the collage of sound that I like) and uses the same samples as loads of albums from that age (EMPD, etc)?
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|