View Single Post
Old 09.01.2007, 06:51 PM   #7
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
Okay, I just got back from London. I only went to this show being poor and slow off the mark, though I don't think i would have liked to have gone to anymore just because this was so good. I missed a few days off work travel down and it was definatly worth the hassle... It was surprisingly relaxed when I arrived fairly late to the venue, later than I normally would for anything of this sort. I don't know if it was because it was the first night or what but i'd normally expect a huge queue and all that crap but it wasnt to be found. - There's also a really wide spectrum of the types that go to see Sonic Youth. I've never been to a Sonic Youth gig before being younger I didn't know what to expect but I think I wanted more from the crowd. It seemed odd being there and then lining it up with what you think of/is the bands history. After having a smoke outside my friend and I headed in, got into what was a very short queue and then proptly headed right to the front when the doors were open. I was wearing a confusion is sex t-shirt (wearing a band shirt to a gig is something I've never done before) and felt like a really lame fanboy in this position, though was again surprised how there was no mass rush for the front. The support band did nothing for me and I thought they were pretty terrible. I did like, however, turning around and just seeing everyone with their fingers in their ears. I spent most of the gig in awe off the stage right below Lee. They definatly weren't into playing Daydream Nation, I agree, and started bantering and probably enjoying it more with the encore. The encore was a show in itself, which was awesome. I think it was before Shaking Hell that lee made eye contact with the crowd for the first time then leaned in and seemed like badly attempting to shake the hand of the guy next to me and then I got a proper hand shake off him which, and I feel pathetic to say, but it was very cool. If that wasn't enough when it was over and had cleared a bit I asked a roadie for Lee's plectrum that I'd spied when he threw near the edge of the stage. I got it, I think much the annoyance of a couple people who heeded the guy over to ask for the setlist and were denied as they were taped to the floor. It's really fucking worn I'd imagine just from that one show - I might see how it plays. High points of the show for me was hearing Trilogy played live and seeing Kim dancing. It was great too when Thurston and Lee were just swinging their guitars and just messing around on Teen Age Riot. Mote was great and I loved Pink Steam too. The negitives is that I feel like I should have been participating more and the crowd made it hard to completly let go also there was this cunt behind us just shouting out the most retarded shit, but thankfully he collapsed. I was really buzzing for a bit when the show was over and I really couldn't have asked for more on my first experiance seeing SY.

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|