View Single Post
Old 05.07.2006, 12:08 PM   #20
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the Pixies reunion tour was a half-assed BORING, un-energetic, limpdick affair

dinosaur jr reunion tour shows what it should be like

They rocked the FUCK out of Pittsburgh. They honestly stood up to Sonic Youth and Gang of Four live.

There are some things I like better about the Pixies and somethings I like about Sonic Youth. Frank Black is an incredible songwriter and singer, and the Pixies have a really great feel. Joey Santiago's guitar playing is really great at shading their songs, as Jimmy Page would say. The Pixies can take a simple chord progression, and through just use of dynamics can make a song sound MAMMOTH (that is my new word for anything that sounds big)

Sonic Youth are great at sculpting and using both dissonance and consonance to their advantage and putting it in a rock setting. There is a classical sensibility to their songs just as much as their is an avant garde sensibility. It isn't about sheer noise to Sonic Youth, they take full advantage of its capability to be molded into a movement that ends in consonance and catharsis.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|