View Single Post
Old 11.23.2006, 04:29 PM   #29
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wax
its just not very exciting, is it?
i used to get so excited by sonic youth. now the excitement has gone from the older albums, and the new ones have failed to stir that up in me.
i like excitement. in music, i kinda need it. it just does it to me. i cant be all hip and kool and smarmy and sit back and say...hey man,, yeah this stuff is really kool as if im so laid back about it i sound like im on tranquilisers..... i get stupidly exicted by great music. i jump around the place when im on my own. after i listen to a song in my headphones, i rip em out and i almost scream.....thats the fucking fucking best song ever. i need that buzz......that drug, that excitement, and with albums you know inside out, you can still get it, but its less often.
the first few years of knowing an album, im fucking mental when i listen to it, then it gets a bit less, but i still love it.
you can get used to it for bands who are long dead or split, but when they are still active, its a bit crappy that they dont have me acting like a twat on the train.
Maybe it's the fact that i made a trip to the shops and now i have more than enough food to fill my fridge and cupboards for a month.Maybe it's listening to Reich so much recently as well as eating so many veggies for a while but your posts tonight are wonderful.Do you fancy dancing?

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|