View Single Post
Old 01.28.2013, 03:58 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Some males are aggressive towards males. Everyone is aggressive towards females. The point is that I get punched about once a year. Twice or more in a particularly bad one. I am present in front of male-directed aggressive behaviour maybe once a month. Possibly more, depending on the thickness of my skin (not very).

Many women - I'd go with most - have to steel themselves against a panoply of fears every time they leave the house.

So yeah, violence is present in 'both' conventionally-understood genders. It's something most men have to keep their wits about them for, sometimes, but can generally wander about without too much trouble. That's a point that knox has made. Several times.

I am sorry but by your logic, the majority of women are raped or sexually assaulted every day. FEAR of violence and actual violence are two different things, I am not denying or belittling the experience of women, I am just saying that violence perpetuated by men is not exclusively a womens' issue. Further, even when men are violent against women, it is still also a mens' issue as well. Those women are part of communities, part of families, and those families and communities are surely inhabited by men too

Some motherfucker rapes or assaults my sister or nieces, it will surely inspire some biological male aggression on my part in retaliation.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|