View Single Post
Old 03.18.2007, 12:05 PM   #54
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Funny thing, an awful lot of these groups being mentioned...they're all wimps & poseurs. The music business is such a business now, after all. And the art suffers, so the music suffers.

How so? How are many ultimately poseurs? (besides the fact that none of them are virtuosic musicans with some being barely "musicians" at all?)

Keiji Haino is a virtuosic musician; he can play it straight with the best of them, and simply chooses not to a great deal of the time. He does do the occasional "jazz" set on guitar, and he definitely knows the instrument inside and out. I hardly think anyone who can play for 12-18 hours straight at the age of 50+ can be called either a "wimp" or a "poseur." Fushitsusha definitely made some of the darkest and heaviest music I have ever heard. I'm pretty sure Haino steers clear of the drugs too, but drug use or non-use matters little to me.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|