View Single Post
Old 08.06.2014, 08:43 PM   #18113
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I've not seen that Bunuel film but given what you say about it I was wondering if you're a big Pasolini fan. I can see you really getting into stuff like Oedipus Rex, Medea and The Gospel According to Saint Matthew - assuming you aren't already.

i admire pasolini but i'm not crazy about him. he's tremendously intelligent but also super fucking slow and puts me to sleep. whereas this buñuel movie was really funny.

i walked out of the gospel, i remember, when i was in college, in a cine club screening, as it reminded me of those endless religious movies they used to play on good friday. ew!

medea i vaguely recall look pretty great but again super slow. i liked the lars von trier version more, even though it was shot on blurry video. haven't seen oediups but i hope some day.

saló i had to watch over the course of 4 days and with much reading around it. it was tremendous, sure, at the intellectual level, but it was hard to watch-- i'm not saying this in a bad way though, but it was difficult.

the milky way is a picaresque though, very non-serious, as it tells the story of 2 bums on a pilgrimage -- it's pretty lively, and it's super hilarious! not just for the heresies but for many other reasons. check it out, i swear it's lots of fun. this reminds me i haven't seen pasolini's decameron, which should be funny if he went by the material, but i don't know.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|