View Single Post
Old 04.23.2008, 12:09 PM   #43
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
My whole thing is, video games have been violent for 15 or so years. And there are about 5 fucktard violent kids who have done something violent and said, "Duh, I like video gamz." So, yeah.. What's the big deal now? Is it because games are more "realistic" now? It's still just fucking polygons. Turn on the news: ACTUAL DEATH, ACTUAL WAR, talked about 24/7. Not to mention that anything you want to see -- suicide, murder, whatever -- is a click away on the internet. Here, let's do a study: Let's have 5 children watch video game characters get killed for an hour.. then, let's have 5 children watch ACTUAL DEATHS for an hour. Let's see which group's more fucked up. In fact, they've probably done a study like this, and some Sigmund Fraud jackass will probably go, "UM, WELL, WHEN VIDEO GAMES FEATURED KIDS KILLING THE CHRACTERS, WE FOUND THAT THEIR PULSE RATES WENT UP AND UH.." So, yeah, the whole idea of kids "controlling" the action and "killing" is what disturbs people. But guess what? Most fucking kids can handle it. And if they can't, it's the parent's goddamn responsibility to make sure of it. I'm pretty sure any RESPONSIBLE parent knows if their fuckign kid can play a game. I know the hardest of the hardcore fucking Christian parents that let their 13 year old play Grand Theft auto -- not because they approve of it, but they're open-minded enough (which is shocking, since they're of the Christian faith) to know that he can play games and it not affect him negatively at all.

There are tons more benefits to playing video games... quicker reaction time, better reflexes, more knowledge... it's the same thing as playing music.. you could make the argument, "Kids shouldn't play guitar cuz one day they'll snort cocaine, fuck whores, and hit people in the head with their guitar!" If it's going to happen, it's going to happen; you can't blame a PRODUCT for the person's insanity.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|