View Single Post
Old 12.02.2008, 05:10 AM   #28
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I think he's honest about the Beatles period in that interview. He WAS hanging out with Ginsberg and Burroughs, etc. And Dunbar himself has confirmed that his now lost experimental tape loops did exist at one time.

Regarding his later 'experiments' I have the new Firemen CD and frankly it's rubbish. A sort of lazy, middle of the road new age thing that at times comes close to some of Harrison's electronic solo stuff in the late sixties, but isn't anywhere near as good in my opinion. I think the problem with him working in collaboration with Youth is that he's overawed by the ex-Beatle (despite Maccas claims to the contrary in an interview in The Stool Pigeon, i read recently.) I've always thought that if McCartney were to work with a producer now, it should be Eno. I think there'd be a mutual respect in that partnership that I simply can't think of with any other candidate. If anyone could uncover whether there's any creative juices left in McCartney, it's him.

Although I have to admit that all this is only of any real significance to boring old Maccaphiles like myself. That anyone else would be even the slightest bit interested in McCartney's bid to re-establish himself is slim indeed. I gave up waiting for him to do anything worthwhile along time ago. I just keep buying his stuff, reading his interviews, following his career out of a kind of bizarre, and increasingly masochistic, habit that, frankly, I'd do well to kick.

Oh, and if he did invent electro, then my name is Ralf Hutter.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|