View Single Post
Old 10.13.2011, 12:20 PM   #79
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
jon boy like i said a dozen times i've been going to vancouver since the mid 90s and have seen all that shit a million times.

i don't know every place in vancouver, i don't live there, why would i know the name of all ? do you know where the st. regis hotel was in calgary? i'm not ignorant to the reality because not only have i been going there since i was child.... but because the exact same shit exists right here, i'm in the next large city there are many homeless people from vancouver living here, both in the street and in better circumstances... do you actually talk with people? i bet you there's a shit ton of people around you who have lived in calgary.

"you certainly can walk five minutes and be surrounded by many homeless people who are hiv positive, hep c positive, mentally ill"

you've literally turned a statement into the exact opposite of what was written...how can i take you seriously? i said, quite correctly that from anywhere in vancouver you're within walking distance of a safe neighbourhood full of rich people and little sti prevalence.

i'm comfortable with that statement because i've done it a million times

do you think that's possible in botswana? how far do you think people in the third world need to walk to get out of the aids zone? they'll probably reach an ocean or border before they get out of it.

this is why it's ridiculous first to compare a small area(one incredibly atypical of the city it's in, and where many residents where not born into that situation) to "the third world"

it's not similar, you don't need to be homeless or mentally ill to be poor and get aids in the carribean, you just need the bad luck of being born there.. if you develop a drug addiction or mental illness in the third world yr best chance of getting decent help would be to move somewhere like vancouver.

"the fact you posted a picture of stephen harper"

first of all you're thick as hell

do you not get the obvious meaning of the post? seriously?

i wrote that canada greatly values multiculturalism and democracy and then posted the results of federal democracy

do you get it? i'm showing how canadian people love diversity but the only people who get elected are english/scottish/irish or french origin

do you seriously not get that??? wtf, the point of that was to say that anglo-canadian residents are more racist than they'll admit to, maybe you're just too anglo to get it?

furthermore if you're in any way surprised to see a photo of the darn prime minister in canada thread.... that just doesn't make sense.

everybody knows vancouver has places where they let you use heroin, seriously just about every person in canada knows that.

harper wants to shut insite down, yeah i didn't know that, it's not remotely surprising

it's also not relevant, i never said being homeless with aids does not suck

what does harpers opinion on something in vancouver do to make it comparable to the third world???

seriously, answer that question, because nothing you've said verifies the statement that L.E.S. standard of living is worse than the third world, all you did is quote some sensationally worded study meant to shock canadian people.

you can not compare a neighbourhood to a country (botswana) or massive region/concept like the third world

the LES is awful because that's where vancouver keeps people they don't care about... it is one neighbourhood.

what do you think would happen if you took all the poorest people in botswana and stuck them in one place? it wouldn't happen because the services offered in east vancouver are probably not available in botswana, and there won't be a mcdonalds and tim hortons to give you free water and let you use the toilet. water that doesn't make you sick, and being able to shit in a place you don't drink from(and flush it too ffs) are very clear signs that you are not living in a third world condition, vancouver has never been comparable to sierra leone in any way, and sierra leone is an entire country, not a neighbourhood

the worst case scenario in canada is the same quality of life a normal person in the third world will be lucky to get, you don't need to have a multitude of serious mental/substance unemployment issues to poor as fuck in africa, it just happens because you weren't born in canada.

it's a an incredibly colonial state of mind to think you can compare anywhere in vancouver to the third world. the only places in canada where i would take that statement seriously is on the reservations.

in point, i've been spending time in a vancouver for longer than you, worked with thousands of people who lived there, and don't particularly love stephen harper

so pull yr head up yr ass man, you don't work anywhere near as bad as haiti or sierra leone and you're a real douche for thinking otherwise.

i respect your work honestly, but not your opinion..which is laughable

i got bored after the first line. try harder to impress me then maybe... yawn.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|