View Single Post
Old 07.10.2013, 06:48 AM   #46096
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

If you went to an Angels game you most certainly weren't in Los Angeles, though give us time, we're taking over the OC too

You're smart to stay away, half of the ten million people who live here weren't born in LA. This city is a magnetic trap of a bizarre parallel dimension. You can't leave, or escape, shit, it doesn't even cross your mind that such a possibility exists. Does it? Sometimes you decide to leave, but then those plans become hazy, distant, and suddenly more like a foggy memory, a thought temporarily captured between sleeping and waking. Yes, stay away. You've been properly forewarned, if you come here for too long, you will never leave.

Wow. That sounds terrifying, but was also very eloquent, and almost poetic. Nice.

I've been to LA a number of times. Actual LA. When I was younger I spent a lot of time in California, and hanging out in LA is inescapable. But eventually, one has a hard time breathing. It's just not my type of city. Of the major metropolitan areas, I can handle Chicago, NYC, Boston and San Fran... Even Philadelphia. And I'm totally at home in smaller cities like Seattle and Portland, which are just the right size. LA is more like Detroit at this point. Just a massive, ugly, never ending expanse of potential causes of death and people who look like zombies. The air is toxic, and the "culture" is completely washed out by violence and poverty. I am a lover of big cities, but I do not get that "ah, smell that big city air!" Feeling in LA. Just a sense of foreboding that sticks with me like the codeine itches every time I'm close by.

So I'll support the Angels, and maybe even hit up Disneyland someday, but never LA again.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|