View Single Post
Old 11.13.2015, 09:46 AM   #47475
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Young Thug has been the worst this year. But apparently almost every Pitchfork writer seems to think he's some genius who transcends the boundaries between hip-hop and free jazz, so who am I to argue.

You've caught on to that too huh? Yeah, I recently read a Flipboard article that asserted that the "old school" was threatening to kill hip hop. It was about how the current hip hop climate is the best ever, and nobody (not Joey Bada$$, not Underachievers) should be trying to bring New York or LA back.

The author admitted to growing up post-Eminem, which means to me that he can't possibly know much about the old school of anything, but he had undying praise for Thug, comparing him to fucking David Byrne of all people (I think it was Byrne), saying that YT was reimagining the meaning and delivery of language by transcending rapping and moving into more of a space between words, which is somehow a good thing.

But by all rights, the fucker should know even less about David Byrne than he does about Wu-Tang Clan.

I'll try to find the article. It's well written but incredibly smug. I hate young smug writers. Hate em more when they can actually write.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|