View Single Post
Old 05.08.2016, 05:11 PM   #47932
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
smoking lots of pot and doing shrooms listening to Pavement gave me synesthesia. S&E in particular. no joke/shit. I could visualize chords much better after that. like, relate guitar tones to colors. S&E is straight up gold when melodic. fuzz could be gold or white noise. cymbal splashes are always gold. other music became rainbow like. others did not. or others became evil self cathartic.

oh S&E. walking down nice neighbor hoods on a sunny day with the Walkman. it's bad ass. get it on vinyl. Gary Young will rock your world.

I have S&E on vinyl, man... who do you think you're talking to here? Someone who *doesn't* spend obscene amounts of money on music? Someone who *isn't* an obsessive compulsive music collector? I also have it on freaking cassette, and twice on CD twice if you count Luxe & Reduxe.

I hear you though. I had a very similar experience, only with Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain. The first time I ever tripped — like, got so goddamn high that I questioned the laws of physics and forgot my fucking name — I was jamming CR, CR.

I think I was 17.. maybe 18. I'd done a lot of drugs at this point, including more than a couple different hallucinogens, but this was the first time I really got there, you know? My first really intense, mind fuck experience. And Crooked Rain helped me keep my sanity. It was a source of total comfort that anchored me during an unbelievably powerful mushroom trip.

I think that might have been something of a major turning point in my life, actually. I might have lost my shit, but for the soothing, joyous vibe of that record and how familiar it was to me. Come to think of it, I probably kept doing drugs because of Pavement. If things had gone south, I don't think I would have ever had any interest in doing that again. So Pavment may actually be indirectly responsible for severalt years' of stupid, dangerous and illegal behavior on my part. Hmm...

Oh well. Worth it!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|