View Single Post
Old 06.15.2011, 05:39 AM   #146
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Very randomly i came across this:

“A record is a concert without halls and a museum whose curator is the owner."
-Glenn Gould

It makes sense, doesn't it?
It does indeed.

My consciousness is far too fuzzy at this hour to address points from both Derek and Glice, so I will do so at a later time, but I will say that the concept of an album only seems cheap or stylized because of inaccurate perception and/or expectations, not because of the concept itself or the album as an object. A recording is meant for repetitive enjoyment, and "stylized" studio recordings are meant to serve the same purpose as a live recording - a product of the band capturing its sound that can be listened to as often as desired. It is no fault of the album (or its concept) that many end up defining the band's sound by a recording and come to expect a precise reproduction of that sound. Those that do so and are disappointed by the variations in a live show are listening for all the wrong reasons, and fail to truly appreciate all the band has to offer.

Unless of course, the band performs terribly live, which happens on occasion. That band/artist likely ought to be decimated. I equate it to chicks who wear too much makeup.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|