View Single Post
Old 10.22.2014, 12:29 PM   #34
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh yeah the fucking amex ad. thanks for clarifying it.

i have a huge beef with it in that it attempts to convey the notion that you can craft you identity by shopping, which is, ugh, atrocious. but this is what you'd expect from amex, except that it's ms. portlandia endorsing it with her name & signature. not just amex, but that whole social construct that keeps america engorged.

i have nothing against shopping by the way, it's just the notion that shopping is what gives your life meaning & identity which i find so fucking vexing. you know, like the guy who thinks that he's defined by his "brands." vomit.

to think that carrie brownstein is going to subvert shit from the inside is hilariously supernaive.

having said all that, i'll be happy to change my beliefs for a 1/2 million dollars right now.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|