View Single Post
Old 06.10.2015, 10:43 PM   #38919
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
how do you guys deal with like, criticism? my manager at work told me today that they love having me at work but that my obvious focus issues get in the way and i have a month til another "review" to get it together... my first instinct is to beat myself up

criticism is fucking great. if it's constructive, it's a big favor. rather than flying blind you're getting radio from teh control tower. when someone gives you good criticism give them a big thank you. in management science it's actually not called criticism-- it's called feedback. all organisms need a feedback function to survive.

as for focus-- practice being present, always. you have a really fun mind and it likes to take you away places... sometimes too far away, ha ha. i may only know you from the internet but i think i know you well enough to know this.

so, pretend it's gymnastics-- or better yet, pretend it's band, and keep the beat for whatever hours you're there. it's a different music, but you gotta stick with the drill.

if you really *can't* keep track then realize your talents lie elsewhere and start looking for something more suitable. e.g., working at a bookstore, ha ha ha.

i tried being a waiter once but got fired after 2 months. as an introvert, engaging a table meant getting sucked into the whole drama going on in each one of them. i couldn't do my job. these people were characters in a theatre. i couldn't just dish out their orders on a busy lunch schedule with everyone in a hurry. plus i don't have a lot of fine motor coordination and i can't carry a lot of plates. it was definitely not a job i was cut out for. and with the stress, i sweated a lot. i would have made a better dishwasher, but an angry salvatrucan already had the job. plus the cook hated me. yeah, not the best fit.

on the other hand, i am great at having no boss and fixing/ troubleshooting/ planning/ devising systems/ solving puzzles/ etc. so i take to that with little effort and great joy.

here's a little article i saw the other day. maybe it helps:

im looking for the link, just hold on a minute

here it is!

http://lifehacker.com/this-flowchart...y-t-1708911601
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|