View Single Post
Old 04.20.2013, 02:31 AM   #71
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Their music definitely hits an emotional chord. Most punk appeals to anger, or the feeling of just being fed up. The Wipers omit those feelings as well, but their songs also connect to sadness, loss, general bummed out-ness.

I know this is a gigantic stretch but I'm going to make a ludicrous comparison. The Wipers differ from other punk bands in that they strike these different emotional chords. I'm currently listening to Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange." Besides the unique vocals and productions, there's another reason it connected with so many people. People relate to its melancholy, loss and just overall humanity. To me, this is what separates good from great. My favorite music brings me back to an event that made me feel a certain way. The Wipers, and Frank Ocean, do this. Nirvana did it. No matter what your taste, your favorite music resonates with you. The best music is listened to for the same reason the best literature is read. This is a pretentious post. Sorry, drunk and all on my lonesome in my overpriced apartment right now.

And kind of wigged out that I still post on message boards, at least this is the one

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|