View Single Post
Old 07.11.2009, 08:51 AM   #1947
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston
reading:
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain
gathering dust unread in the bookcase:
American Splendor - Harvey Pekar, various - I got this for a birthday or christmas a few years ago :\
Don Quixote - Cervantes - got to page 736 of 982 and gave up, it was a slog
Collected Short Stories, vol IV - Philip K. Dick - read some
The Pickwick Papers - Charles Dickens - wanted to start on Dickens, picked wrong book
The Great Dune Trilogy - Frank Herbert - read Dune
The Complete Chronicles of Conan - Robert E. Howard - read the first ten short stories
Les Miserabes - Victor Hugo
The Garden Party (and other stories) - Katherine Mansfield - had this in year 11 literature, still haven't read it
Everyman's Library Tales of Mystery and Imagination - Edgar Allan Poe
Red Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson - been putting this off for years
Tierra del Fuego - Jennifer Strauss - same as Garden Party
to read pile:
Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
Everyman's Library The Maltese Falcon/The Thin Man/Red Harvest - Dashiell Hammett
Everyman's Library The Dain Curse/The Glass Key/Selected Short Stories - Dashiell Hammett
The Name of the Rose - Umberto Eco
American Tabloid - James Ellroy
The Cold Six Thousand - James Ellroy
I plan on reading those last two when Bloods A Rover is released at the end of September.
I find it very hard to pick out 'modern' literature to read, I never know what to do or source to turn to

are you seriously reading this many books at once?

There is no way I could have more than one or two on the go at once.. between reading a little of each I'd get lost and have to re-read back. Surely it is easier to just finish them before moving on? Or thats just me.. ?