View Single Post
Old 08.29.2015, 10:55 PM   #18967
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Saw It Follows last weekend, I think it might be the best new horror film I've seen in 10 years.

Watch Journey to Italy today, I liked it but don't feel inclined to say much more than that.

I also watched this film yesterday, it's surprisingly decent for the sort of thing it is, small-time crime caper with heart that works well with limited means, a very solid 7/10:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2724236/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Re: It Follows-

Yes! This was proper horrifying. Every time I feel like I've finally given up on horror, something like this comes along and blows shit apart. It was fresh and new but obviously paid some serious homage to early Carpenter (which worked well for this premise).

I loved it.

However, I agree with Tarantino's critiques 100%. It's very very good, but not quite great, and it easily could have been with a little more attention to detail. Unless all those "deviations from the film's mythology" are to be answered for in a series of painfully full sequels of constantly declining quality. Hope not.

Definitely one of my favorite recent films though. Very very good ain't nothing to fuck with. And it legitimately scared me, which is kinda what it's all about.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|