View Single Post
Old 02.04.2016, 07:49 PM   #267
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
You're talking as if the Beatles invented the Blues or as if Sabbath and Zeppelin didn't have access to ACTUAL bluesmen to influence them.

I don't think I am. I'm not saying the Beatles were the only influence, just that they absolutely had an influence. What's the problem here?

Quote:
I didn't ask about guitar to make it a pissing contest, i asked to have a serious discussion. If you play then do you also understand theory?

Who's having a pissing contest? I didn't think that's what you were doing. But yes I understand theory. Is it at the front of my mind? No. You're probably way ahead of me on that stuff.

Quote:
Please then inform of any chord structures, timing, tunings, melodies, scales, patterns, or anything else that the Beatles innovatived and introduced to music?

Do you need me to tell you what key "She's so Heavy" is in? What the time signature is? Or have you just never heard it?

Quote:
I am admittedly not a Beatles expert so I am open minded to a different perspective but from my ears I don't hear anything innovative (in other words things other bands weren't already doing). I am willing to be corrected and learn something new

And I'm not a Zep expert. Really, I'm not. But there are few bands I know as well as the Beatles. To me it seems like you're asking me to tell you what green and purple have in common. You're asking me to tell you about songs that (in my mind at least) everyone has heard thousands of times.

Just go listen to "I want you (she's so heavy)" and the other songs I mentioned, and if the influence on Zep isn't immediately noticeable, come back to me and we'll dig in more.

I'm not trying to be a dick here man. I haven't played my own guitar in ages, and it's been years since I was last in a band. I didn't take a lesson until after college, and that was ages ago now, so I don't want to embarrass myself by saying some thing stupid, and I don't really feel like looking up correlations between Zep and Beatles song structures for the sake of this debate.

Make sense?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|