View Single Post
Old 08.13.2009, 12:31 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I like Herr Pärt a lot. I like him for a number of reasons. I like him for the fact that he's deeply religious. I like him for the fact that he's really easy to get into while not being the twattery of Gorecki's 3rd. I like him for the fact that he'll do something really appealing like Fratres but then spatter something like Miserere with very confusing music. I like that he's kind of minimalism but not surrogate rock music. I like that he'll do something like Lamentate which sort of confounds his 'easy' aspect. He's kind of capable of being boring, as well as doing something like Cantus in memorium Benjamin Britten.

He's always interesting. I'll report back when I've got the CD (end of the month, I expect).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|