Thread: bandcamp
View Single Post
Old 11.13.2011, 10:39 AM   #8
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Anyone musicians here make much scratch off this site? Or gain a few fans? Is it worth it?
I love Bancamp. An obvious virtue is that it would let you stream in case you need to have a teaser in order to decide if you'd like to spend your money on some record, and If you finally wouldn't purchase it, you can listen to the whole thing for free due to the bands' will, forget about hunting down lossy rips on blogs and torrents. Also pretty useful to find some new stuff. I, for once, have spent a lot of money on Bancamp lately and I'm happy with it. It's a good platform for musicians to expose their work, and it pays in the sense that it would gain them some exposition and certainly some bucks as far as I know, contrary to other means of streaming like Spotify, for instance (Nathan Amudson, AKA Rivulets, tweeted a little while ago about Spotify's unfair practices, but his whole discography is up on Bandcamp)...

Some of my favorites:Some of Steve Shelley's projects are also up on Bandcamp, but I feel i've typed a lot for now.