View Single Post
Old 12.28.2006, 08:14 AM   #1106
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
There are so many bands notable by their absence.

I would have left off B-52s, Associates, Heaven 17, Human League, Robert Wyatt, Blue Orchids, Scritti Politti to name just a few.

And included Magazine, Pere Ubu, PiL, Throbbing Gristle, Joy Division, to name just a few.

But that's my taste.

I took it as being more of a personal favourites of Simon Reynolds so I wasn't really upset about him leaving out 'key' bands or anything. I quite like the fact that the B52s are on there because most people wouldn't have put them on there...not serious enough for most post punk scholars I imagine. Shame the B52s track isn't that great though.

I would have left of Human League and Heaven 17 as well but only because I think they are shit. A few others I would have left out as well and I thought the Slits track was an odd choice, so much better stuff on that record.

It did back up my suspicion that Pulsallama are great and need investigating further though.

And it was oly £5 and I did get to talk to the cute girl that works in Fopp so everyones a winner really.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|