Thread: John Fahey
View Single Post
Old 12.16.2010, 07:23 PM   #90
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
GOD, TIME, AND CAUSALITY will always be my favorite work, as its like a greatest hits album, with medlies of some of his best songs, played ferociously, extremely well produced also.. then it has new songs (like the last track) which are the best he's ever made. He never made a bad album though, I quite like HITOMI a lot, it's basically just him playing slowly through a delay pedal, almost sounds like a Mark McGuire album at times, but it's top notch. RED CROSS is also awesome, and since it was his last album... yeah. I highly reccomend every album he released through his record label, as well as his books.

Basically, anything he was involved in was topnotch.

But yeah, Fare Forward Voyagers is an incredible album, and he's probably the most consistently great musician to live. 45 or so albums and not a single bad one in the bunch. I was on youtube watching a video last month and someone actually called his playing "sloppy" and "inept". Sad world.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|