View Single Post
Old 11.01.2012, 07:09 PM   #33
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Pattern Recognition, Dripping Dream, I Love You Golden Blue, Peace Attack. Those are the highlights.

As albums, I prefer Murray Street and Ripped, but in terms of individual songs, Nurse is just incredible. If you play everything after PR on shuffle, abd leave the last two songs in their original places, then yeah- it's up there.

Funny thing: it wasn't until I saw "unmade bed" live that I really understood how influential hardcore was to Sonic Youth's sound. I was in my twenties and had been listening to Sonic Youth for a decade, and it was nowhere near my first Sonic Youth show. But something about the song's live execution- not to mention that it's one of their most mellow songs and it still rocked like hell- made a lightbulb turn on above my head.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|