Thread: Religion thread
View Single Post
Old 10.31.2017, 07:07 PM   #34
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Some wretched motherfucker yelling "Allahu Akbar" (coulda been "Yahweh Shreds" or "Jesus Poontang" for all I care) just killed eight people in NYC. Religion is just fucking GLAMOROUS.

That’s not religion, that’s some fool’s interpretation of religion, and a bunch of other idiots following.

Religion is fun as an academic and philosophical endeavor, but I think it goes without saying that if you cling to any of it or treat it as gospel (lol) then you’re a fucking nutbag.

Why can’t people just keep their spirituality internal? Like me with my Kryptonian Orthoox nonsense. Prayer is fine. Proselytizing need not be a part of ANY of it. “Missions” need not be a part of it. Why must it be ceremonial and invasive?

Cuz yeah, only shit comes from that. War, violence, death, dirty pilotics, genocide.

It’s ok to hope Superman is real, and even “pray” (note: Working on Kryptonian Orthodox equivalent of prayer — probably just yelling “save us, Superman!”), but thinkng Superman is the only true thing is fucked. Dressing up like Superman and punching people you think he’d want you to punch is fucked.

Speaking semi-metaphorically here, of course.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|