Thread: Drone music
View Single Post
Old 03.31.2010, 08:43 AM   #53
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
speaking of BCM

Again speaking of BCM, do you have 'Gunpowder Temple of Heaven'? That's my favourite. Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Moronic
LaMonte Young.

So many levels of yes. Listen to the Well Tuned Piano. Now. In a similar vein, check out the John Cale 'New York In The 60s' box set on Table Of The Elements. It's absolutely glorious. One of the most loved items in my whole record collection. The first track on disc 1, 'Sun Blindness Music', is probably my favourite drone piece ever.

I'm a mild Keiji Haino obsessive, so I'm obligated to recommend one of his. For the droney end I'd probably say '21st Century Hard-y Guide-y Man', or Nijiumu - 'Era Of Sad Wings'.

William Basinski is another favourite. Oh, and Stars For The Lid...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|