View Single Post
Old 09.09.2006, 11:00 PM   #53
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I forgot Film School (s/t but 3rd album I think). I have also forgotten to look for it & buy it. I only have their first one, A Brilliant Career & wrote somewhat recently that they were better than SM + The Jicks. Fuck The Raconteurs; Get Behind Me Satan did make my top (I think it was) 20 (not 10) last year though. I was thinking about Elf Power for #10, but Liars won out. (it's the year of the tribal drum, I suppose). Back to the Web is more ambitious than 2004's Walking With the Beggar Boys, probably their most ambitious album they've ever done, but just not quite as good. (and Beggar Boys was even a step down in quality to me).
In random notes (of similar tones), Built to Spill almost made it on my list this year.

But please, to those reading, buy an Elf Power album! You won't be terribly disappointed, I promise!

For the last couple of years, I have been making a mixed cd of download offerings from my top ten albums of the year. I don't know if I'll be continuing that effort this year though.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|