View Single Post
Old 09.18.2017, 09:46 PM   #4742
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
HEY. i have an idea for you. why don't you sell the current house with its giant spaces and utility bills and buy the new mexico place from her? then you can fix it and she can visit you whenever

is it near any kind of city?

you can do a lot with satellite internet these days. they just launched a new one, faster-- i can't get a contract with it cuz my life in in suspense at the moment (jobs, etc)

Hah. Yeah, we've floated that idea. But it's nowhere near anything. Really. I've never been as isolated. It's AWESOME except when you need to go to, like, a store. And we lost our truck for hauling water. one of us should fly out there soon and take a look see though. It's been a year since anyone was there, and that makes me nervous.

I'd love to though. I'm not sure it's practical just now. Trying to juggle two homes with a (basically) two-person family is tough, especially when one of you is 65. I'll keep it in the idea jar though.

ETA: Are idea jars a thing? I have no clue. But that's where I'm told I should put my swears, so I figure jars are fair game for non-tangibles.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|