View Single Post
Old 01.23.2020, 12:58 AM   #52385
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
there was no argument, just a statement. it just always seems to be a cuntest with you.

You couldn't help changing that vowel and turning the sentence from an observation into an insult, huh. Well, Samantha Bee-funny you're not, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i can understand people fighting about other stuff, but not ”what are you listening to.”

Art can be a life or death proposition to me, yes. If your self-acknowledged lack of understanding about it drives you to make absurd "statements", then shut the fuck up already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I don't have a problem with you liking the Cowboy Junkies, but telling folks that the ''Curelovefest you guys have going needs to fucking stop'' isn't doing you many favours, is it?

This is the definition of being thin-skinned. With that line I did criticize the amount of praise that band's been getting here, but I did it (partly in a silly manner, by the way - I mean, "Curelovefest"? Please...) because I think they're lame and overrated, not because I think whoever likes them is a piece of shit. Margo Timmins sure as hell isn't; she's a goddess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Not actively trying to antagonize (nice projection there by the way)

I actually had to look up whether the word "projection" had a specific meaning related to wordplay, because as a psychological term you're completely off the mark. It was just a cheap pun on your moniker - how do you miss such a thing?

Quote:
And that whole "I know better than y'all" shit just reeks.

I happen to have a strong opinion on a certain music work and I even disagree with the Timmins siblings about it. SO. THE FUCK. WHAT. A much-admired rock critic to whom I couldn't hold a candle in a million years (and who could be absolutely brutal in his writing, and who time has proved both spectacularly right and carelessly wrong - the latter because he summarily dismissed artists and albums of immense quality and influence) was once asked what made his opinion better than that of the average guy on the street. His answer: "Nothing". I don't know better than y'all.

Quote:
The way I see it, there's no problem with people being able to "freely talk" shit about musicians. But being able to freely share your opinions also entails putting yourself out there to be called out on your BS every now and then. It works both ways. Deal with it.

That's exactly what I'm sayi oh, forget it, this whole conversation's point died a while ago.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|