View Single Post
Old 07.28.2018, 09:38 PM   #5165
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
First time through the Potter books?

I read the first two when they came out, but good God they’re simple. Simply written, I mean. They’re expertly crafted children's/YA books — classy and colorful and they paint a lovely picture — but goddammit I just don’t have it in me.
I started going with movies only after the second book. The movies get the point across and are quite fun.

I’ve thought about reading Rowling’s adult book, “A Casual Vacancy,” but ... not too hard.

second read through, 3rd if you count audiobooks.

Definitely agree with you regarding the first couple, and probably even the third one can be included, but as you move along, it does get better. I can think of at least one subtle masturbation joke in the 4th book, and as you've seen with the movies, the subject matter gets more complex.