View Single Post
Old 01.07.2015, 05:28 PM   #31
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
It wouldn't be a Zach Hill worthy project if it didn't sometimes give you vertigo and/or offend or disturb you deeply.

I was with Hella from the start too, and it took me a while to see why The Money Store was such a revered album. I wanted something more Hella-esque. I guess I needed to get over that, because it wasn't in the cards for either Spencer or Zach to really do the same thing twice.

But now I like their output, and I feel like the group itself is one of the only truly successful hybridizations of rap and "rock" (re: metal, punk, industrial, noise). Play The Money Store and compare it to Limp Bizkit... it's enough to make me think that Interscope Records somehow poisoned the water supply of all of North America for three or four years.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|