View Single Post
Old 12.10.2011, 07:25 PM   #18
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
WU LYF are terrible don't listen to them Hayden Aschehole. Most of the other suggestions here are kind of way obvious.

But yes go with that James Ferraro and these:
Gauntlet Hair - Gauntlet Hair
True Widow - As High As The Highest Heavens...
Ponytail - Do Whatever You Want All The Time!
Longmont Potion Castle - 8
Toddle - The Shimmer
Volcano The Bear - Hotbites Live At The Nightlight
Snowman - Absence
Alvarius B - Baroque Primitiva

I will admit that WU LYF is an... er... acquired taste. They're super pretentious and all the songs on the album sound the same. At first I too thought it was shit. Carbon copy pitchfork fair.

But for some reason bits and pieces of their songs started getting stuck in my head. After just one listen, too. I played the album once and didn't touch it for months... but their choruses kept popping up in my head.

They're really anthemic (anthematic?) and their hooks are reallly effective.
Granted, I honestly think they're this year's Animal Collective derivative, and that (even though they don't sound like them) they try to emulate the melodic scream techniques of earlier ac albums. But whatever, I think they're alright. Not mind blowing, but definitely one of the better albums I've heard this year.

I haven't heard a lot of albums this year though.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|