View Single Post
Old 03.27.2010, 07:25 AM   #4
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Some nasty shit for sure. The drummer's comment comes from the thread that follows the paragraph about the band below.

Your first time hearing Brooklyns Drunkdriver is probably the audio equivalent of staring into the headlights of an 18 wheeler that is half a second away from scattering you around for miles. The band plays the angriest heaviest and most distorted Hardcore Punk Ive heard in a very long time and possibly ever. Upon first listen one might think that Drunkdriver is just noise but after you really listen you realize there is so much more going on with this band musically and lyrically and thats when you become hooked. Drunkdriver is also an amazing live band the front man Mike is absolutely out of his fucking mind and plays with such intensity you cant help but either run in fear or start jumping off of everything in sight.

Drunkdriver is your most deep rooted anger and resentment for anything and everything on record, they have quite a few releases, which for the most part have long sold out (but downloads are not hard to find). The band has a brand new self-titled LP out on Load Records on March 22nd that will probably make whatever you consider to be the hardest record ever made sound like a fucking Hanson greatest hits compilation. Record release show is on March 27th at the Market Hotel and you are not going to want to miss it but you may want to consider bringing a helmet.
27 Responses to You Should Be Listening to Drunkdriver

The Public Eye Says:
February 8th, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Thank the drummer Jeremy for No Age becoming a band. If he hadnt raped/attempted to rape two guys, one of whom is my best friend, Wives never would have called it quits and music would not
be the same. Not that Im a huge No Age fan. Funny how drummers are so hard to come by that people dumb down and justify this douchebags actions to keep his name clean in the scene

The Public Eye Says:
February 8th, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Two girls I mean, whoops! I need coffee asap!

Hardcore Gig Volume Says:
February 8th, 2010 at 1:51 pm

public eye,

get at me, curious.

My Pal the Crook Says:
February 8th, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Can we please leave the gossip out of here? Thanks.

street dude Says:
February 8th, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Banana Wintour must write press releases for Hatebreed or something; so EXTREME.

Red Medicine Says:
February 8th, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Not bad, but Paint It Black still remains the premiere hardcore band in the world today.

My Pal the Crook Says:
February 8th, 2010 at 4:58 pm

No disrespect to either bands, but Fucked Up is the premiere hardcore band in the world. Not opinion, fact.

Nice Lifestyle Says:
February 8th, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Hatebreed is my favorite band bro.

penski Says:
February 8th, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Mínus piss all over them. Sorry.

Go buy/download/suck out of your mums cunt/whatever the albums Hey Johnny and Jesus Christ Bobby.

The only band in the history of ever that has managed the transition from first-class hardcore band to first-class post-hardcore band.

*n

My Pal the Crook Says:
February 8th, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Now your guys are just doing the im gonna name a band only I know as the best game.

In that respect The Nazi Fucktards are the greatest Hardcore band around today. Live gas chamber executions and all.

penski Says:
February 8th, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Mínus

Hey Johnny!

Jesus Christ Bobby

Seriously, Ill rip them and upload them myself if I have to

Had to wait four fucking years before they toured outside of Iceland. They supported Matter (meh. pretty average) and Charger (fucking awesome. Best band T-shirt ever: full backprint of VOLUME OVER TALENT) and outshone the pair of them.

Hello, we are Meenoosh, from Eyeshlandt, and, er.we are going to play some loud rock and roll, for you.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|