View Single Post
Old 06.27.2009, 12:46 AM   #88
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss

The kind of people SY attract are more interested in finding their own voice on the guitar and/or customizing guitars themselves, not buying stuff so they can "be just like their heroes"...

Although, the Lee guitar is kinda cool...with only 21 frets, it's no good for me as a player, but I'd get one just to support the band. I can't see spending more than I paid for the guitars I actually play to buy something I'm just gonna hang on the wall, though...

I'm all for SY getting more publicity (I was happy to hear about Kool Thing being in Guitar Hero III, even though I hate Guitar Hero...never knew Teenage Riot was in Rock Band), but this...no.

My sentiments as well. I don't think it's a bad idea though, for either Fender of SY, but in general, finding your own sound is the idea. Aside from the projected response from SY fans/players, there's just as good a chance that these will get interest just for being great models as well.

I am happy for Thurston and Lee though and mega props for Fender to acknowledge them as iconic players. Of course there's so much more to their sound than guitars, but the last thing I'd want is a wave of bands attempting to sound like SY with new guitars.

J Mascis' sig. Jazzmaster sells for about $1270.00. So maybe the SY one's will sell for about that.

I noticed that Thurston was using his new signature model on the Fallon show performance. I don't remember Lee's, but it sticks out that Thurston was using his. I wonder if they'll play with those on this and all future shows / tours? Wonder if they're obligated too?

All and all though, for sure these are going to be some great sounding and playing guitars!
FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|