Thread: CAVE STORY
View Single Post
Old 11.28.2010, 10:01 AM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I know I've posted about this game a few times before, but really.. this game needs all the attention it can get. It's a freeware 2D sidescroller, in the vein of Metroid, and it is EASILY the coolest freeware game I've played, one of my favorite 2D games ever (with Adventures of Little Ralph for the PS1, and Super Metroid and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night -- all 3, coming to mind when playing this game -- being the only titles that best it) -- and a game that NEEDS your attention. I am pretty sure you can get this for the PSP, the DS, and the Wii now (I am going to get it for my girlfriend's Wii tomorrow and continue playing on there) but the original PC version is probably the one anyone can grab. All the info you need/downloads are at this site... and I have my fingers crossed someone will eventually do a Dreamcast port, and/or a PS1 port... and some other systems that are very popular amongst homebrew/hacking/etc communities.. that way, this game can truly take over the world. I am completely 100% inspired to go further with my video game creation (I have designed an LSD-Tripping Simulator Game, and started on an RPG that was based on my novel MAKE IT BE A WARM DAY, but nothing too substantial has been created yet.. seeing this game, which was ENTIRELY made by one person -- graphics, sound fx, music, art, level design -- and seeing how AMAZING it is just blows my mind... 5 years he spent on this thing.. I really want to spend 5 years on a piece of art.. it'll be worth it.

PLAY THIS GAME! IT REPRESENTS EVERYTHING THAT'S RIGHT WITH THE GAMING WORLD!

INFO/use links to download and so on: http://www.cavestory.org/info_1.php

(dd I mention the "downloads section" has a FREE music composer, which was used to make this game?! ... yes, he made his own music composing software in order to make this game and gave it away for free. What..?!)

damn!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|