View Single Post
Old 04.30.2018, 09:33 AM   #290
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Saturday afternoon I went to Vinal Edge Records in Houston for a free show. Thickets is the Improvisational trio of Austin & Carol Cooley and Rebecca Novak. Voice manipulation, trumpet blast, continuous bell tones and chains being drug across metal.

Next up was Sjizka Ueda from Japan. She flew in the night before to play this gig.
Shizka is in Michigan this week recording her first album......she sounded very Laetitia Sadier-ish.

Two Houston legends, Tom Carter and John Kennedy have a project called, Morning Scales The Mountain. Watching John Kennedy play drums was worth the drive over.

I left Vinal Edge about 10:30 and headed to the next venue where I arrived in time to see, Yoo Doo Right. I wasn’t familiar with them, but they were great live. The perfect band to open for Acid Mothers Temple.

This was my third time seeing AMT in the past six years. I love the new lead singers voice......and smile!!! Their cover of Gongs - Flying Teapot, was the highlight of the set.

Several people from the Vinal Edge gig, including Tom Carter, showed up to see AMT. I couldn’t help wondering, when are Kawabata Makoto & Tom Carter going to record together?
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|