View Single Post
Old 10.02.2007, 09:59 PM   #128
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden child
first off, i in no way want to associate noise with the art world and that was not my intention, just drawing a parallel and using an analogy. i am glad that rick mention low/no brow noise, which i think the majority of it is. the conception that noise is restricted to hipsters, elitists, art students, art galleries, and is inheritly pretentious and high brow is misguided.

i don't remember exactly how i worded it, but i didn't mean that my sister brings home pieces of the same caliber of jackson pollock (not that i nessicarily think he is super high caliber), but the same technique and style.

You are probably right about the misguided part, but at least in my area, that is all it is, stuff for the hipsters, elitists, etc, etc, etc... so I can't help but see it that way most of the time. And I didn't mean to harp on Pollock so specifically, it was just the name brought up, so it worked for all of my analogies
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|