View Single Post
Old 02.11.2009, 12:40 PM   #36
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
The bible was NEVER the literal or absolute truth, at least that is how the Orthodox Church takes it..

And yes, there are countless GAPS in the theory of evolution, fundamentally the theory has no proof that it actually happened that way at all.. after all, while I accept DNA evidence and the fossil record, this is by no means a smoking gun.. after all, who measures DNA? Scientists (ahem, can we said BIAS?)

No proof?!! There's fucking loads of evidence! You're confused, there is no ideology in science, there is just the search for truth, and that way individual scientists may have biases but not all scientists in the way people of a perticular religion would. Who else is going to "measure DNA" (whatever you mean by that, I don't understand it) apart form scientists? Would you rather we had some priests with no scientific training to do a share of scientific research just to make things less biased? And anyway there are plenty of scientists who are religious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
and after all, how the fuck do we ACTUALLY know what fossils are, we are truly just accepting them as remains as much an act of faith as taking the Eucharist.

The reality is that human beings do no know shit, we are just really fabulous story tellers, and evolution is the great story we tell in this era, just as creation myths before them, and just like religion of old, we all believe these stories because they sound so nice when we tell them, but truthfully, nearly ALL of the evidences is circumstantial to the bias of the observers..

I do not accept ANY absolutes, these cause too much division.

What you call the evolution "myth" is not a myth in any way. It does not serve the purpose that myths or religions do. It's not a form of entertainment, it has not morality, it is not comforting etc.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|