View Single Post
Old 08.17.2016, 12:50 PM   #4386
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
True, but this is part of what makes Jesuit thought intersting, if a bit self serving. The older orders are significantly less open to discussing morality in a truly philosophical and way. And Like the Jews, Jesuits — some Jesuits — are open to calling the value of the story of Abraham into question. Cause, yeah, what kind of rational person wants to worship a God who would put you through the endeavor of choosing to take your child's life? Even if it was just a SIKE! Worst. SIKE. Ever.

I'm still fascinated by the problem of evil, and I don't think that stories that focus on clearly defined representations of "good" and "evil" are necessarily lacking in maturity. Indeed, the closest I come to worshiping anything is reading Superman comics. There's a place and time for moral ambiguity (it's called real life, and it mostly sucks), and there is most definitely a place and time for pretending that evil can be destroyed by simply hucking some bad guy into the sun, or chucking some cursed artifact into the flames of Mount Doom.

In other words... comic books rule, I'm not dumb, YOU'RE dumb

well the crucifission wasn't a sike actually and that central metaphor ufff. i get to see what it is supposed to mean, but still, i don't know.

in any case yeah i just can't get into superman comics. i always hated superman anyway. when i was 3 i loved batman and spiderman though-- one was possible to emulate with the right gadgets and the other was human enough you could relate. the man from krypton always striked me as an arrogant fuck though.

but that was way back when i cared about that stuff. the last comics i was reading were astérix--then when i was about 12 i switched to books full-time, fantastic literature like poe or some of the easier borges and also cheap war novels, old-as-fuck science fictions, that sort of shit. i like some comics now but it has to be adult stuff-- sandman being the best ever, ever.

in any case im worn out on reading, and bored by most things, so this isn't your fault. i blame fucking grad school for it--the fucking killjoys.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|