View Single Post
Old 02.05.2009, 02:21 AM   #370
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
I'm still wondering why some clubs reshuffle their teams every year, not allowing its members to know each other and get to play. That's how Spurs seem to work.

I just think it's an emblem of the modern game (at least in the UK) in which smaller clubs now act as a kind of feeder pool for the top three or four teams. The minute any other team lands a decent player they're bought up almost immediately either by Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc so you can never really build a team anymore. I looked up West Ham's current team and there isn't a single player whose been with the club more than ten years, and most have only been there two or three. A far cry from when I started watching football in the 70s where a player like Trevor Brooking, Billy Bonds or Alvin Martin played for the same club for over twenty years - a number of those in what was then the Second Division. That wouldn't happen now, making it far harder for smaller clubs to forge any real kind of indentity.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|